Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fun Quilts

The first 5 quilts are from Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston's second book. I bought it, although I wouldn't probably never make the quilts in their color scheme, I do like the liberated style from the old quilts.(I call mine Humble quilts) Gwen draws her inspiration from the scrappiness and haphazard looks of antique quilts.









The woman with the hat is Freddy.



Is this house quilt too cute!? This was made by Tonye Belinda Phillips and was one of my favorites.
The next two were from the teacher's tent. So bright and cheerful!



5 comments:

  1. I just can't get over ALL of the beautiful quilts that you have been showing photos of! I can't imagine what it must have been like to be able to see them all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I can't get to a show, it's still fun when other people post their pictures, almost as good as being there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the show! I agree with you, thse quilts are inspirational and so much fun. I like the quilt with the strips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freddie's palette is a touch out my comfort zone *s* But I do love her work . . . and she's such a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow..what great quilts

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!